Pumpkin Spice Latte : Recipe
Pumpkin spice Latte (PSL) Recipe: As summer fades and the first leaves begin to drop from the trees, you know PSL (pumpkin spice latte) season has returned. The delicious drink is as in-demand as ever and is a staple on many coffee shop menu boards for the coming weeks.
In addition to the classic whipped-cream-topped latte treat, we are seeing more vendors offering a vegan whipped cream version for plant-based customers.
If you still cannot get enough of that spicy pumpkin taste, You should definitely try out ice-blended Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino (recipe to follow).
Recreating that magic at home, however, allows you to indulge whenever the mood strikes. It is a quick and easy recipe to create.
A note on the ingredients: Surprisingly, the flavour comes from blackberry, not cherry syrup, but if you only have one syrup, then cherry will do. The syrup is sweet, so using cocoa will give you a real chocolatey hit that many might find a little overpowering, so we’ve opted to use a quality drinking chocolate instead.
- 150ml fresh milk
- 1 scoop of Caffe roma Mocha Frappe powder
- 30ml Amor Butterscotch Syrup
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate sauce to drizzle (optional)
- First, fill a 16oz glass with ice.
- Pour the ice into a blender, followed by the milk, frappe powder and syrup.
- Blend the mixture until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the steamed milk into your serving mug with the other ingredients, stirring gently.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon stick.