Make Epic Pancakes With Routin Sauce
Make Epic Pancakes This Pancake Day
Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest become flooded with everyone’s efforts at making pancakes on pancake day. Last year I remember my Facebook feed being overtaken with pancake photos, with everyone desperately trying to out do each other with their pancake photos.
In our Pancake Day blog post last year, we used a recipe by Delia Smith. This year we have another cracking traditional pancake recipe for you to try out.
First you need to assemble your awesome team of pancake chefs:
Epic Pancake Ingredients:
Gather up all the ingredients required. Smaller Chefs are not best candidates for carrying the eggs as we found out.
- 200g Flour
- 300ml Milk
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 tbs Melted Butter
- Routin Sauce
Epic Pancake Method:
- Grab your mixing bowl and add the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- To the dry mix add the milk, large egg and butter.
- Whisk until you have a smooth consistency in the mixture.
- Heat your pan over a medium heat. (we use a non-stick wok, the bottom is the ideal pancake size)
- Pour your pancake mix into the pan making circles.
- Smell the delicious smell of the pancake cooking. Yum.
- Flip once you can see small bubbles appearing and the pancake is lightly golden brown.
- Once both sizes are cooked, remove the pancake to a plate.
- Serve and drizzle with Routin Sauce.
Pancake Topping Ideas
You can use Routin chocolate sauce to try your hand at some chef style art, or simply to cover your pancakes in chocolate sauce. The squeeze bottle is super easy to use and control.
If you are making pancake with kids, it is great fun to make crazy faces with the Routin Sauce. You can also use chopped pieces of fruit to create eyes, ears and other body parts. Experiment and have fun!
Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate
Banana, chocolate drops and strawberry